|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Retirement, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Rapidly growing $40 million safety services provider based in Kent, Ohio is seeking a Payroll Manager. This person will work closely with our 35 regional operations, corporate department and field offices to ensure efficient and accurate Payroll Processing.|
• Prepare and process biweekly and semi-monthly payroll for union and non-union employees
• Pay taxes, child support and garnishments/track and manage reporting for these areas
• Prevailing Wage: Pay and prepare certified payrolls to compliance
• Update Payroll records by reviewing, approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions and job titles and department and division transfers
• Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
• Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
• Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
• Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Troubleshoot payroll issues for employees
• Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• 5-7 years of progressive payroll management experience
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office and PDF (Adobe)
• Ability to learn and make suggestions for improving software programs
• Management of payroll team is a plus
• Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations/multistate region
• Strong attention to detail
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.